Updated 28th March 2020
In Simple Terms
We’re a community volunteering group, so what we care most about is helping and looking after people. Therefore, we’ll always have your privacy at the top of our minds. We aren’t commercial and we would never share your information for commercial purposes.
Our Contact Details
Data Protection Officer: Marc Sloan
Web Address: www.covidtechsupport.com
Phone Number: 07795 258513
The Type Of Personal Information We Collect
In order for you to obtain the help you need during the Covid-19 outbreak or be a volunteer to provide that assistance, you are asked to complete the online form and we collect and process the following personal information:
- Contact Details: Either a contact telephone number or email address
- A description of your tech problem
- We may also collect your website and details about the community you’re representing
If you contact us by telephone, the above information is collected and processed.
How We Get Your Personal Information And Why We Collect It
All of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the following reason:
- To connect people in need of assistance due to the Covid-19 outbreak to obtain the help they need with others that can assist with their tech problems.
- We use and share the personal information that you have given us in order to provide you with the assistance you need due to the Covid-19 outbreak pandemic or so that you can provide that assistance to those in need.
Emergency Response Situations
We may share this information in emergency response situations where there is less time to obtain consent to disclose personal information to another statutory or voluntary organisation or community group. The GDPR does allow sharing of personal data where it is appropriate to do so taking into account the risks involved in not sharing the data relevant to each individual case.
GDPR and Removing Your Consent
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing your personal information is that we have your consent to do so as indicated when you requested support from Covid-19 Tech Support or requested to be a volunteer to support those in need during the Covid-19 crisis. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 07795 258513.
How We Store Your Personal Information
Your personal information is securely stored electronically on an encrypted cloud based database. We take security very seriously and have implemented various security controls in order to protect your personal information.
We keep all your personal information for the duration for the Covid-19 crisis. We will only retain individual personal information for the following further period should it become necessary:
- For safeguarding investigations for a period of 2 years;
- For complaints into financial irregularity for a year and
- For investigations into GDPR data protection breached for a period of 2 years.
We will then dispose of this information by securely deleting our cloud database and electronic communications containing any personal data.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at help@covidtechsupport if you wish to make a request.
If You Need To Complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk